Laser hair removal
Diolaze – the latest and fastest laser technology now available at Diacor
During laser treatment, diode laser light travels through the skin and strikes the hair follicles, which contain melanin. The diode laser energy is absorbed by the melanin, which causes the hair follicles to heat up and perish. The lighter the skin is in relation to the hair, the more efficient the treatment is. Laser treatment does not work on blonde, red or grey hair.
Laser hair removal is performed during the anagenic stage, when hair grows from the follicle. At any given time, 15-30% of the hairs are in this stage. Between 5 and 8 treatment sessions are therefore usually required to achieve a satisfactory result. The intervals between the sessions should be 6-12 weeks, depending on the skin area and the hair growth rate. Laser treatment is safe to use on most skin areas where unwanted hair growth occurs. It is most typically used on the legs, the bikini area, the armpits, the arms, the stomach and the chest.
- A cooling gel is applied onto the skin area which is to be treated
- The correct laser frequency is chosen according to skin type and skin response. The new technology reduces pain, but there is no completely painless way to destroy hair follicles.
- Redness can appear on the treated area for 2-3 hours following the procedure. The destroyed hairs will gradually come out of the skin during the following 1-2 weeks.
- Avoid sunlight immediately after the procedure, and use strong sunscreen for at least 2 weeks
- It is recommended that you avoid going to the sauna and bathing for 24 hours following the procedure, but apart from that, you can live normally
- Around 6-12 weeks later, when the remaining hairs have visibly grown, it is time for the next treatment session
Schedule a consultation with Mika Vihavainen online or by calling 09 7750 800. You can also make an appointment at the reception desk at any Diacor medical centre. If you have questions, you can also book a telephone appointment. The time slots you can see online are reserved for consultations and medical appointments. Time slots are available on Thursdays and Fridays (afternoons/evenings) and on Saturdays. The physician books you in for treatment after the consultation. You cannot book a treatment session online.
Laser treatments are also performed by specially trained nurses.
Please shave the relevant area within 24 hours prior to the treatment session, preferably the night before.
Epilator treatments, waxing and plucking hairs should be avoided for five weeks prior to the procedure. You are allowed to shave or cut the hair. Avoid sunlight for 2-6 weeks prior to the procedure, depending on how easily you tan. Avoid using tanning lotions for two weeks prior to the procedure.
Wash carefully before the procedure, and do not apply lotion or deodorant to the area that is to be treated.
Watch a demo video about Diolaze hair removal: Diolaze Ultra-Fast Hair Removal
|Monday - Thursday||7-20|
Vihavainen MikaGeneral Practitioner, Sport Physician
Lic. Med. General practice, acute care, minor surgical procedures, mole removals, small skin change removals, nail probems, cryosurgery, medical examinations, medical examination for athletes, sports injuries (especially injuries in gymnatics, martial arts, track and field, fitness). Esthetic treatments: Fractora RF treatments, laser hair removal