Clinical neurophysiological examinations
Diacor offers the following examinations:
- Sleep studies, which are, for instance, used to detect sleep apnoea and snoring, and to determine the severity of any breathing problems. The monitoring is done at home using a portable device.
- In the referral Pt-PolAMb and SII code 1784.
- The examination costs 307.50 euros.
- ENMG (electroneuromyography), which is mainly used to measure the body's nerve and muscle function. The examination involves providing electrical stimulus using either a needle (muscles), or a surface electrode (nerves).
- In the referral Pt-ENMG-1 and SII code 1301 or Pt-ENMG-2 and SII code 1302 or Pt-ENMG-3 and SII code 4921.
- The examination costs 170.20 - 345.50 euros.
- EEG (electroencephalography), which is used to measure the electrical activity of the brain by placing surface electrodes on the head.
- In the referral Pt-EEG-2 and SII code 1287 or Pt-EEG-Ud and SII code 1298.
- The examination costs 231.00 - 256.30 euros.
- SEPs (somatosensory evoked potentials), which involve delivering an electrical stimulus to the skin surface in order to measure the body’s tactile response.
- In the referral Pt-SEP1 and SII code 1612 or Pt-SEP2 and SII code 4902.
- The examination costs 92.30 - 162.00 euros.
- VEPs (visually evoked potentials), which are used to detect abnormal visual system activity. The method is particularly suitable for examining the optic nerve.
- In the referral Pt-VEP and SII code 1613.
- The examination costs 129.20 euros.
- BAEP tests (brainstem auditory evoked potential), which are used to record the activity in the auditory nerve pathways in the auditory nerve and brainstem area. The test is performed using surface electrodes. The test uses short auditory stimuli, which are delivered through headphones.
- In the referral Pt-BAEP and SII code 1609.
- The examination costs 130.20 euros.
- Multiple Sleep Latency Tests (MSLT), which, for instance, are used to assess and monitor excessive daytime sleepiness.
- In the referral Pt-MSLT and SII code 1299.
- The examination costs 496.10 euros.
You need a doctor’s referral to take these tests.
Make an appointment with the laboratory. The only exception is the ENMG test, which can be scheduled via our centralised booking service by calling 09 7750 800.
You should reserve between 15 minutes and 1.5 hours, depending on what type of test you are taking. If you are taking an ENMG test, you should arrive 15 minutes prior to your appointment. When you sign in, you will be given a pain assessment form to fill in.
The physician who referred you will give you the results either during an appointment or over the phone.
Alppikatu 2 B, 2nd and 3rd floors
|Monday - Wednesday||7.30-19|
|Thursday - Friday||7.30-16|
Porkkalankatu 22 A
|Monday - Thursday||7.30-20|